I hope everyone is enjoying their summer. We are now busy in the Caledonia office preparing for the upcoming school year. Our office is open from 8:30 – 3:45 Monday through Friday until the Opening of school. Just a few reminders for parents and students about the start up:
- Counselors will be in the school the week of August 26th to 30th to assist students with changes to timetables and to help enroll new students. It is advisable to come and discuss possible course changes this week, as the first week of school is very busy in the counselling office and students may have to wait to change courses.
- The first official day of classes for students is on Wednesday, September 4th. On that day, students will attend a half day with a mini block rotation of their first semester courses. Dismissal on September 4th will be at 11:00. Thursday, September 5th will be the first regular day of classes for students.
- A letter to all parents will be going out next week with important information about school start-up, and will include an updated student schedule. Please keep an eye out in your mail for this letter, and if you have not received one by Monday, August 26th, please contact the school office.
- This year we welcome a second vice principal to Caledonia. Mr. Joe Dominguez, a long time Caledonia teacher, will assume his new role as vice principal. We are excited to welcome Mr. Dominguez to the administrative team at Caledonia. We also welcome quite a few new teachers to Caledonia this fall.
Jacquelynne Amendt – Band, Choir and Foods 10-12
Jon Hanna – PE 10/11/12 and School Completion
Samantha Lambright – Career Life Education, Social Studies and Kermode Alternate
Matt Lowndes – PE 10, Basketball Superfit, Career Life Education
David Lewis – Career Life Education and English
Eric Metzmeier – Math
We are looking forward to an exciting new school year and look forward to working with you and your child this year!
Keith Axelson, Principal
In preparation for the 2019-2020 School Year, please find the School Supplies Lists as provided by Coast Mountains School District schools:
- Bear Valley School – 2019-20 Supplies List (Kindergarten to Grade 12)
- Ecole Mountainview – 2019-20 Supplies List (Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- Hazelton Secondary School – 2019-20 Supplies List (Grades 8 & 9)
- Kildala Elementary School – 2019-20 Supplies List (Kindergarten to Grade 6, English & French Programs)
- Kitwanga Elementary School – 2019-20 Supplies List (Kindergarten to Grade 7)
- Majagaleehl Gali Aks Elementary School – 2019-20 School Supplies Listing (Kindergarten to Grade 7)
- Mount Elizabeth Middle-Sec. School – 2019-20 Supplies List (Grades 7 & 8)
- Nechako Elementary School – 2019-20 Supplies List (Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- New Hazelton Elementary School – 2019-20 Supplies List (Kindergarten to Grade 7)
- Skeena Middle School – 2019-20 Supplies Listing (Grades 7 to 9)
- Thornhill Elementary School – 2019-20 Supplies Listing (Grades 4 to 6)
- Uplands Elementary School – 2019-20 Supplies List (Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- Cassie Hall Elementary School, Suwilaawks Community School and Thornhill Primary School provide classroom supplies to students for a fee. Parents/Guardians will be provided information during the first week of school.
- Caledonia Secondary School, Hazelton Secondary School (Grades 10-12), Parkside Secondary School, Kitimat City High School and Mount Elizabeth Middle/Secondary School (Grades 9-12) provide information relating to classroom supplies to students during the first week of school.
Should you require further information, please contact Carole Gagnon, Executive Assistant at the Board of Education Office at (250) 638-4401 or via email at email@example.com.
We look forward to Coast Mountains’ students return to school on September 4, 2019.
Have a wonderful summer!
If you are a student who is required to take a Provincial Exam this summer, please read the information below. Additional information can be found on the Ministry of Education website.
Since all exams are electronic, you can locate the sample exams through the Ministry website link shared above. If you have never attempted an electronic exam, it is suggested that you take the time to practice with the ‘past exams’.
All Grade 12 required Provincial Exams will be administered electronically.
Exam Centre Location:
Northwest Trades & Employment Training Centre (NTETC), 3120 Highway 16 East, Terrace – (Google map directions – https://binged.it/2tMHVdz)
For complete information about the New Graduation Program, please visit https://curriculum.gov.bc.ca.
August Exam Schedule:
August 8 and 9 – access the following link for information regarding the August 2019 Provincial Exams Information.
Please email Mr. Geoff McKay, District Technical Skills Administrator at the Northwest Trades & Employment Training Centre (firstname.lastname@example.org), to inform him you wish to write an exam. Include the following information in the email:
- Full Name
- Home phone number
- PEN (Personal Education Number provided by the Ministry of Education)
- School currently attending (school of record)
- Exam intending to write (course name)
Students must show up one half-hour (30 minutes) ahead of the scheduled exam time with:
- Photo ID
- Your PEN (Personal Education Number provided by the Ministry of Education)
For further information, please contact Mr. McKay at 250-635-7944, ext. 8467 or toll free at 1-800-663-3865, ext. 8467.