In preparation for the 2019-2020 School Year, please find the School Supplies Lists as provided by Coast Mountains School District schools:
- Bear Valley School – 2019-20 Supplies List (Kindergarten to Grade 12)
- Ecole Mountainview – 2019-20 Supplies List (Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- Hazelton Secondary School – 2019-20 Supplies List (Grades 8 & 9)
- Kildala Elementary School – 2019-20 Supplies List (Kindergarten to Grade 6, English & French Programs)
- Kitwanga Elementary School – 2019-20 Supplies List (Kindergarten to Grade 7)
- Majagaleehl Gali Aks Elementary School – 2019-20 School Supplies Listing (Kindergarten to Grade 7)
- Mount Elizabeth Middle-Sec. School – 2019-20 Supplies List (Grades 7 & 8)
- Nechako Elementary School – 2019-20 Supplies List (Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- New Hazelton Elementary School – 2019-20 Supplies List (Kindergarten to Grade 7)
- Skeena Middle School – 2019-20 Supplies Listing (Grades 7 to 9)
- Thornhill Elementary School – 2019-20 Supplies Listing (Grades 4 to 6)
- Uplands Elementary School – 2019-20 Supplies List (Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- Cassie Hall Elementary School, Suwilaawks Community School and Thornhill Primary School provide classroom supplies to students for a fee. Parents/Guardians will be provided information during the first week of school.
- Caledonia Secondary School, Hazelton Secondary School (Grades 10-12), Parkside Secondary School, Kitimat City High School and Mount Elizabeth Middle/Secondary School (Grades 9-12) provide information relating to classroom supplies to students during the first week of school.
Should you require further information, please contact Carole Gagnon, Executive Assistant at the Board of Education Office at (250) 638-4401 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to Coast Mountains’ students return to school on September 4, 2019.
Have a wonderful summer!
If you are a student who is required to take a Provincial Exam this summer, please read the information below. Additional information can be found on the Ministry of Education website.
Since all exams are electronic, you can locate the sample exams through the Ministry website link shared above. If you have never attempted an electronic exam, it is suggested that you take the time to practice with the ‘past exams’.
All Grade 12 required Provincial Exams will be administered electronically.
Exam Centre Location:
Northwest Trades & Employment Training Centre (NTETC), 3120 Highway 16 East, Terrace – (Google map directions – https://binged.it/2tMHVdz)
For complete information about the New Graduation Program, please visit https://curriculum.gov.bc.ca.
August Exam Schedule:
August 8 and 9 – access the following link for information regarding the August 2019 Provincial Exams Information.
Please email Mr. Geoff McKay, District Technical Skills Administrator at the Northwest Trades & Employment Training Centre (email@example.com), to inform him you wish to write an exam. Include the following information in the email:
- Full Name
- Home phone number
- PEN (Personal Education Number provided by the Ministry of Education)
- School currently attending (school of record)
- Exam intending to write (course name)
Students must show up one half-hour (30 minutes) ahead of the scheduled exam time with:
- Photo ID
- Your PEN (Personal Education Number provided by the Ministry of Education)
For further information, please contact Mr. McKay at 250-635-7944, ext. 8467 or toll free at 1-800-663-3865, ext. 8467.
Are you interested in supporting the work of the Lieutenant Governor of British Columbia?
The Honourable Janet Austin is launching the LG Youth Advisory Council – a guiding body to advise Her Honour on relevant issues impacting young people and identify ways to engage the next generation of British Columbians.
The LG Youth Advisory Council will meet 3-5 times a year, via teleconference, with at least one in-person meeting. Initiatives and activities will be determined by the Council and the Lieutenant Governor.
Application and Eligibility Criteria:
- Between the ages of 17 and 24.
- Resident of British Columbia.
- Applications must be submitted on or before August 6, 2019.
For more information or to apply, please visit the Lieutenant Governor’s website at: